Tuesday, August 13, 2013

So training is over. It went so fast! I got home Sunday evening from the Adventist Frontier Missions training for student missionaries up in Berrien Springs, MI. It is nice to be home, but I do miss all my fellow SMs. It is comforting to know that we will all be out in the field at the same time and experiencing everything together, if not physically together.
God has blessed in my fundraising for my student missionary year in Palawan. I still have about $630 dollars to raise before I reach my goal of $5000. If possible, I would like to launch in September so that the two missionary girls will have a home school teacher. I know God is in control and will provide as He sees fit.
God has been leading my family to stay in West Virginia where we have been for the last eight years. All the other job openings in other states have been closing and God has been providing wonderfully for our needs. One huge blessing is that our family was given a new car. My sister Janelle and I's car broke down about a week ago. A few days after it broke down, someone came and asked our family if we needed a car. They didn't need one of theirs' anymore. It was perfect timing! That is just one example of how God has been leading.
I am looking forward to serving God in Palawan next year. Being at training made me so eager to get over there! Hope to keep in touch!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So you're hoping to leave sooner than last I heard! Miss you and praying the Lord will provide for your needs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting times! I'll be praying that the money comes in at the right moment, just as the car did :)

    ReplyDelete